Are you searching for suitable student lettings in Nottingham? Finding the ideal place can take some time and effort, but it doesn’t have to be stressful. Read on to learn the most important factors you should consider when on the hunt for student homes in Nottingham.
5 Important Questions
There are some essential facts you need to be clear about to ensure the student home you end up with is a good choice. Here are five of the most important questions you should be asking your potential future landlord.
1. What is the total cost of renting? You should find out if electricity and water costs are included in the monthly bill or not.
2. What comes included in the student home? Rooms might be completely empty, partially furnished or fully furnished. Ask to see what is included so you can plan ahead and make any necessary purchases.
3. What are the full terms? Carefully read the terms of the agreement before you actually sign it.
4. Is it a shared rental agreement? If you are going to be sharing the house or apartment, then you should get to know your roommates.
5. Are you free to leave whenever you wish? Usually you can freely leave as long as you give a months notice. It is likely that there will be a minimum duration for the rental, so make sure you aren’t agreeing to stay more than you need to.
House or Apartment
Renting out an apartment is in most situations much simpler and hassle free. There will be fewer things to worry about and the security is usually better. But maybe your not too keen on getting student apartments.
A student house offers much more privacy and freedom, though it does also introduce a whole host of issues. Each room should be carefully inspected for any potential problems. Check all the appliances, running water and electricity outlets to verify everything is in working order.
Identifying a good student home in Nottingham which meets all your requirements is about more than just how much it costs and the details of the rental agreement. You must take look at each case in a practical manner.
If you will be using public transport, then find out the locations of the closest bus stops and train stations. Figure out how long it takes you to reach your place of study or work.
Finally, don’t forget to take safety into consideration. Check out the neighbourhood in the morning and at night, to see if you are happy with the area. Getting to know your neighbours is also a good way of finding out more information.
By following the above points, choosing a great student house in Nottingham will be easy and simple. For more great tips visit my other blog